It’s warm enough for air conditioning for at least six months of the year in Tampa, FL, and sometimes even longer. AC and heat pump tune-ups are vital for system preservation, energy-efficiency, and indoor comfort. Running your cooling system without maintaining it is asking for trouble that could have been prevented.
What to Expect During Air Conditioner or Heat Pump Maintenance
Our maintenance service technician will perform this series of tasks to restore your equipment to a like-new condition:
- Inspect the system for potential problems.
- Thoroughly clean the unit inside and out.
- Check for proper airflow.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Clean the condensate drain line and the drain pan.
- Check blower components and adjust if necessary.
- Replace parts that are going bad.
- Check system starting cycle.
- Calibrate thermostat.
- Tighten electrical connections.
- Check current and voltage for motor.
- Check controls for safety.
- Check refrigerant level and adjust as needed.
- Clean indoor and outdoor cooling coils.
The Many Benefits of Spring Tune-ups
Spring tune-ups can keep your heat pump or air conditioning system in a state of high performance. Preventive maintenance delivers a bounty of other benefits as well:
- Keeps equipment warranties valid.
- Saves money on utility bills.
- Removes accumulated dirt that stresses your system that makes it overwork and drives up operating costs.
- Lengthens the life of your system.
- Helps to keep indoor air fresh.
- Maximizes energy-efficient equipment operation.
- Helps to prevent equipment-related safety hazards.
A Maintenance Club Membership with Scott’s One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating is an excellent investment in your indoor comfort. You’ll save on utility bills, and your Tampa, Florida, home will be cool and comfortable. Call us at (813) 563-4551 to learn more.